On June 21, 1948, Chelan County Commissioners received a petition to form a Fire Protection District. On July 26, 1948 at 11:00, a public hearing was held to consider the petition.
At the conclusion of the hearing, the Board of County Commissioners approved the formation of a Fire Protection District and set September 14, 1948 as the date to hold an election to decide the formation of the District and to elect a governing body.
On January 27, 1949 a resolution was signed by the Board of County Commissioners designating the formation of Chelan County Fire District #5. The Fire Commissioners elected were as follows:
- Floyd Williams – Commissioner, Chairman
- P A Campbell – Commissioner
- James L Sidie – Commissioner, Secretary
On May 5, 1950, coupon warrants were sold to American Elkhart Company for the purchase of a Ford Triple Combination Pumper. Total price was $8,457.37.
On June 30, 1950, the Fire Commissioners accept the offer to buy property from Lake Chelan Fruit Growers to build a Fire Station. Cost of the property was $1, with the provision that if the Fire District vacated the station, the property would be sold back for $1. Cost to build the Station was $5,063.50.